Dust Yourself - Updated



One night as I was preparing food for a baby shower, the song “Try Again", by Aaliyah started playing on the radio. That song was my jam back in 2000. I started dancing and my daughter jumped right in. 



The best part was that she love the song too. She smiled and stared at me with all the love in her hear as I sang the chorus:

“If at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself off and try again. You can dust it off and try again.”
That song and the look in my daughter’s eyes got me thinking about “girl power” and what it means. 

The phrase “Girl Power” reminds me that women are strong and unstoppable. It reminds me that the universe has rewarded me every time I gave something my all. If I work hard enough, I can achieve anything. 

I've noticed that over the last decade, Girl power is a movement that has been growing. It's a way of thinking that is spreading throughout the fishnet of women around the world.

The growing sisterhood that exists between women is driven by the force of girl power.  We can share tools with each other that build inner strength and wisdom. As mothers, wives, partners, spouses, single ladies, we have an important role to play.

Women's lives are riddled with high expectations. We need tools and tips to get us through. A song like "Try Again" reminds you of your power within, your power to overcome. 


Remember Aaliyah’s words, 

If at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself off and try again.


Music is food to our souls. That is why I'm sharing my girl power songs. These are the songs I listen to when I need inspiration and strength to get me through.










Any suggestions? Email them to The Wendenator!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parkas for Winter for Toronto. - 2015

Mixtina Shampoo & Conditioner Review

Curry Chicken by the Wendenator