Best Oil Combo for Your Skin and Hair

Courtesy of Canadian Beauty
You want smooth, sexy legs? Over the years, I've used either coconut oil or olive oil to moisturize my skin but never thought of using them together.



After mixing them together, my little bottle of coconut and olive oil have become my go-to oil for everything. 

The recipe is simple, one part coconut oil to one part olive oil. Both oils are both have a scent that some may not prefer but when combined, they seem to neutralize one another. To make the mix a little more exotic, I've added a tiny drop of rose oil to the mix making it luxurious. 

I've used a small leak-proof plastic bottle, nothing fancy. You could make it a little fancier if you store it a pretty glass bottle. 

It goes a long way. I make a bottle once every two weeks and it's enough for my daughter and I to use in our hair and our skin. Use it sparingly; a little really goes a long way.


WHAT HAS IT DONE FOR MY HAIR?

It's strengthens my hair and gives it a lasting gloss. I've also noticed substantial hair growth. I'm trying to grow out a horrible haircut from a butcher disguised as a hair stylist...but that's a topic for another day.

For my natural curly styles, I add it a small amount when it's damp, right after my leave-in conditioner. A little more can be added after styling to give it shine. 

My little concoction has also been great for my daughter's curly hair too. I condition it with Cantu and add a small amount of the oil when it's damp. The comb slides right through and the end result is a head full of perfect, bouncy, ringlets.

BODY

This is also my go-to oil to combat the damaging effects of summer and winter weather. In the summer, I've got the legs of a celebrity and in the winter my skin feels like heaven under all the extra layers.

The trick is to apply it to your skin soon after you get out of the shower or bath. Give the oil a couple of minutes to sink in and you will feel the moisture. Over time, all those little marks and blemishes that bug you will start to disappear. Your legs will look beautiful. 


OTHER GREAT USES FOR COCONUT-OLIVE OIL
  • Great post hair-removal treatment. After a wax or shave, I apply the oil and my skin stays feels super smooth. It's also great for when the hair starts growing in; the added moisture helps to soften the hair as it grows back in. That means less razor bumps, which means less suffering.
  • Great hand moisturizer and cuticle oil. My hands look smoother. It's great for the cuticles; you'll have less work to do when it's time for a manicure. 

So I've shared with you my love for olive and coconut oil, the formula that works for me. Give it a try; if it doesn't work for you, then you should explore other natural oils to find the one that works for you. 

To help you find what works for you, here are some links to information on natural oils and their benefits. 

  • Love this article. It gives the rundown on 10 oils and what to use them for. I had no idea you could use grape seed oil as a thermal protectant for heat up to 425 degrees.

  • Wow, Emu oil seals in moisture? You can add a tablespoon of oil to your shampoo for extra moisture? Check out this article for a quick little educational session on natural oils.
  • Who would have known that you can use coconut oil as a shaving lotion and face cleanser? To know people are using coconut oil to shave.
  • Shaving with coconut oil made simple. 
  • I strongly recommend you read this article before messing around in the world of essential oils.

Let me know what works for you and what oils you love best? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixtina Shampoo & Conditioner Review

Parkas for Winter for Toronto. - 2015

Curry Chicken by the Wendenator