Skip to main content

My Body Challenge

Image: GlobalSources.com


For the last few years, I've been feeling a strong desire to live out some of my dreams.

One of  my goals is to get my body to its increase my fitness level. I want to be stronger and healthier. Working out, eating well, and staying hydrated is a start but I know I have ahead.



The 5K Nike Toronto Run with Hart (yep-yep the Kevin Hart) on August 2, 2015 was my first step. The run inspired me to become a lot more driven. I've decided to share my commitments with you and make a promise to report-back on my progress in the near future. Here are my fitness commitments:
Image: Wendy Smith 

  1. I'll have to keep my body moving. To start, I'll either run or speed walk for at least 20 minutes three times a week. 

  2. Recently, I was inspired by an article, 5 Reasons Running Makes You Happier on Active.com. It  explains "runners' high, the positive impacts of running on your self esteem, and the benefits of joining a runners club versus running along, and a lot more. Hmm, fitness and happiness.

    On rainy or cold days, I'll use my elliptical or treadmill that's sitting in my basement catching dust. Yes, I have equipment that I don't use, don't you? Lol.



    Courtesy of www.swlcws.com
  3. I'm going drink at least 6 glasses of water each day. That's a big step for me. I'm pretty sure I drink about 4  per day max. There are many ways that water will benefit my "fabulous at 45" goal. Water will help my digestive system, my hair, my skin, my nails, and the list of beauty and benefits goes on and on.


  4. Image: FitMommyDiaries



  5. I'll do the plank for as long as I can, 4 times a day. Plus, I'm going to do the Diary of Fit Mommy's Plank You Very Much Workout  that I found on Fitmommydiaries.blogspot.ca. Planks are well known for helping to achieve an hourglass figure.


  6. Image: ThankGodI'mNatural.com




  7. I will do at least 10 push-ups per day to start and work myself up to a minimum of 20 per day. Check out the Diary of a Fit Mommy's Plank You Very Much workout. I'm also going to do exercises to strengthen my core, like the ones I found on Thank God I'm Natural.



  8. Image:Wendy


  9. I will sign up for a group run scheduled for the spring. It will give me a goal to work towards while I'm out doing my daily runs/walks. Nike Runguides.com is a great resource for upcoming Toronto races.






  10. I will eat 2 fruits and 2 vegetables every day...at least. I know I should do better but it's a start.



    Image: Wendy Smith


  11. Although, my daughter is already an aspiring basketball player on a Toronto rep team, I will encourage her to join me in my workouts and  to continue to make healthier choices. 

  12. It's going to be a journey but I'm sure I can do it. If  I lose my way, there's lot's of help out there. See below for some helpful sites with workouts and fitness tips.

    Am I missing anything? I want to hear from you. 

    Nike+ Training Club is outstanding. It's got people running and working out all over the world. You can download some pretty sick workouts to do at home, sign up for a group run or workout, etc. Just download the app on to your phone, tablet, laptop, PC, whatever.

    Get Ready for Summer: 5 No Gym Exercises at Thankgodimnatural.com a.k.a. TGIN...this summer's over but we can start getting ready for next summer, no?


Let's see how I do...

Wendy

Comments