Prince, Music Royalty



I've accepted that Prince passed away this week but the fact that an unmeasurable amount of talent has left the world is very hard to accept. You see, as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of Prince's music.  The only way I can explain my admiration is to tell you about the fulfillment I felt as I rewound and played his cassettes or as I moved the needle of my turntable back to the first line of that lovely piece of vinyl.




As a younger fan, if I liked the song, I had to know every word and would listen to it over and over again. I say that with pride because Prince was a lyrical and musical genius. His abilities have reset true artistry at a much higher standard than ever before. His influence on music sets him apart from the rest. Every Prince song that was released took you on a musical journey that you could have never have imagined possible. He knew he was talented and attributed his talent to God.

He was soft spoken during interviews, yet louder than life when he performed live. I admired him and loved his music because so many of his songs evoked so much emotion in me. So many people were swept away by his music. You could see this by watching his many audiences' reactions. It was never more evident than it was on the day of his death.

The impact of Prince's death was felt worldwide as you could see for days on the various social media outlets. Every second tweet, if not every tweet included "#RIPPrince" demonstrating how much sadness his death evoked in millions of people around the world. Even some of the worlds most talented artists expressed their reactions to the huge sense of loss. It's crazy, Prince must of known he was extremely popular but I highly doubt he knew to what extent he was loved and respected.



He is a legend. Actually, I think he's the most talented artist of our time. A man who wrote his own music, many of which became hits and dare I say it, anthems. A man who also wrote many hits for other artists. A man who could play over 20 musical instruments. A man that no one really knew. He's gone and remains to be a mystery. He was very quiet and I think that's just one of the things that set him apart from other musicians. Perhaps he didn't yearn for the attention. Perhaps all he wanted to do was share his brilliant music with us. And he did just that, for which, I am grateful.


Although he was a mystery, one thing was clear. He shared his love, joy, talent, and pain with all of us through his beautiful voice.

Prince thank you and rest in peace. You will never be forgotten by me and many others.

Thanks for reading.

Wendy (a.k.a. The Wendenator)

My Favorite Songs By Prince

  • Pop Life - Paisley Park, 1985 (my # 1 favorite!)

  • Adore - Sign 'O' the Times, 1987

  • Kiss - Art of Noise, 1986

  • 1999 - 1999, 1982




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixtina Shampoo & Conditioner Review

Parkas for Winter for Toronto. - 2015

Curry Chicken by the Wendenator