Love Yourself, Your Uniqueness is Your Gem


Your uniqueness is the gem that twinkles from within you and adds some sparkle to this world. It's what sets you apart from the rest but also determines your unique purpose. It is your job to guard that gem with your life.



Finding and embracing your gem is not an easy task. It's hard to see past all the noise of others. Vivian Ward (played by Julia Roberts) in Pretty Woman explained it with these 6 simple words, "The bad things are easier to believe".

Crystal


So today, I say to you, it's time to shut out the bad things! The bad things that are said by you to yourself and especially the bad things that comes from others.

Some of us are so concerned with what others are thinking that we get filled with anxiety. We allow our minds to actually worry about what people are thinking and take up that space in our minds we could be using for more productive thoughts.

Diamonds (our best friend)


It takes many years for most of us to become fully aware of the colossal impact that negativity has on us. As Oprah mentions in her book "What I Know For Sure", Maya Angelou pronounced the impact of negativity magnificently.

"I'm convinced that the negative has power, It lives. And if you allow it to perch in your house, in your mind, in your life, it can take you over. So when the rude or cruel thing is said—the lambasting, the gay bashing, the hate—I say, 'Take it all out of my house!' Those negative words climb into the woodwork and into the furniture, and the next thing you know they'll be on my skin."

Crystal

Here's what I believe. The thoughts about me that linger in people's minds are truly none of my business. Period. The minute I stopped giving a crap about what people thought of me, I relieved myself of a good portion of life's stresses. I began doing what I wanted and making decisions that satisfied and benefited me. I do things that work for me now.

I'll say it again, you are a gem and you deserve everything life has to offer. You just need to get out there and claim it. So my message to you today is to LOVE yourself as you are and to HELL with anyone who doesn't love and appreciate what you have to offer.

Hugs!

Wendy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixtina Shampoo & Conditioner Review

Parkas for Winter for Toronto. - 2015

Curry Chicken by the Wendenator